- Colon, rectal and anal tumors, including hereditary tumor syndromes such as Familial Polyposis, and hereditary non-polyposis colon cancers
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis), including ileo-anal pouch procedures
- Diverticular disease, especially when complicated by fistulas to other organs such as the bladder, uterus, or vagina
- Endoscopy of the colon and rectum
- Intestinal and anorectal functional disorders such as constipation, anal incontinence, anal or rectal pain, chronic diarrhea and rectal prolapse
- Common anorectal conditions such as hemorrhoids, fissures, abscesses, and fistula
- Complex referral cases and reoperative abdominal/pelvic surgery
The Center emphasizes an integrated, collaborative team approach to provide the best possible care – and “one stop shopping” – for each patient. The surgeons will work closely with nutritionists, enterostomal therapists, nurses, and social workers. In addition, the surgeons will draw upon the extensive, internationally renowned expertise available within Northwell Health. This extended team includes gastroenterologists,GI oncologists, and pathologists who specialize in the full spectrum of colorectal diseases, as well as radiologists with expertise in advanced imaging techniques such as virtual colonoscopy, MRI, defecography, magnetic resonance imaging, and interventional radiology.